VCIOM supports its own scientific program, which is aimed to support young researchers and develop the modern sociological science in Russia. With this aim VCIOM scientific program is broken into three major parts:
- Young scientific leadership program
- Support of scientific legacy within the sphere of sociology
- Development of scientific science
Within these three parts Russian Public Opinion Research Center is carrying out the following activities.
- Annual scholarships for young researchers (senior BS level students and MS)
- Winter school for graduate students and young practitioners
- 3 sociology departments at the leading Russian Universities: MGIMO (Moscow International Relations University), RGU (Russian Humanities University), VShE (University-Higher School of Economics).
- Annual international conferences at MGIMO (Moscow International Relations University)
- Scientific journal “Monitoring of Public Opinion” (published 6 times per year)
- “Image of Society” publication program (financial support of translation into Russian language of the books of the leading international social and political scientists, financing of the publication costs)
- Monthly Scientific Board meetings aimed at discussion of the contemporary methodological and practical problems of sociological science.
- Paid internships for students, graduates and young practitioners at VCIOM.